Friday, July 11, 2008

Songs of the Week: 28/08

(I thought I'd introduce a "songs of the week"-feature here in order to try to instill some regularity on this blog. Good songs are easier to come by than good records, so I shouldn't have much trouble compiling a list for every week. I won't confine myself to strictly new material, 'though, but add any song I've been listening to and enjoying lately, old or new. I'll start with five, without comments, and see how it goes from there).

  • Alejandro Escovedo: "Always a Friend" (Back Porch, 2008)
  • Les McCann w/Eddie Harris: "Compared to What" (Atlantic/Rhino, 1969)
  • Nas: "Untitled" (Def Jam, 2008)
  • Bruce Springsteen: "Cover Me" (Columbia, 1984)
  • Wire: "One of Us" (Pink Flag, 2008)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...