Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Catching up with jazz

I was clicking through my jazz blog links earlier today, and found that I've been missing some interesting stuff the last few weeks. be.jazz has posted a few excerpts of a keynote address at the 2006 Guelph Jazz Festival and Colloquium by Greg Tate which asks the question of where jazz is giong for black musicians (and possibly a black audience for progressive jazz). Similar questions were asked a while ago which I tentatively gave my views on here. be.jazz picked it up from Soundslope, I belive, where I stumbled upon a link to a blog devoted to David S. Ware's projects, which in turn led me to this recording of "Aquarian Sound". The vid is a bit out of sync, but who gives a flying f***. This is simply amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...