Monday, June 01, 2009

eMusic is growing

As reported in the NY Times yesterday, eMusic have struck a deal with Sony Music and will soon be able to offer (older) Sony records and songs as a part of the download site's ever growing catalogue. Very good news indeed, what with eMusic being my preferred place for legal downloads (I still prefer physical records, but eMusic's cheap enough to both download an mp3-version and buy the CD/LP if I feel it's good enough). They have good writers working for them too.

Now, if they only could do something about their frustrating search engine: a search for, say, William Parker gives you a dozen or so hits, including separate entries for William Parker Quartet and Trio, instead of one main entry with sub-entries. Maybe I should offer my services...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...