Saturday, May 10, 2008

Molde beckons, despite misgivings

Festival season is closing in. I'd hoped to stay away from one of them this year, Molde International Jazz Festival, for several reasons despite the booking of the great Ornette Coleman ("I've already seen him three times" was my line of thought "do I want to go through the hassle of Molde yet again"). Despite earlier complaints, Molde Jazz has upped the stakes booking wise, and after I learned that David Murray's Black Saint Quartet had been confirmed to play this year I may have to renege on my previous stance of not going. And who wouldn't mind seeing Ornette, probably the greatest living jazz musician, once more? If you'd said ten years ago that I'd get to see him once let alone four times in my life, I'd have laughed in your face.



David Murray Live @ Jazz Standard 2007



Ornette Coleman Live at Bonnaroo 2007

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...