Monday, October 09, 2006

Bring that beat back!


I didn't get much sleep last night. Why, you ask? Because I was busy messing with Beaterator, which is a real-time music sequencer and sampler unit. All you need is an internet connection and a Macromedia Flash Player (which can be downloaded via the site). You can (ab)use samples that are provided on the beaterator, or you can create your own beats and upload sounds from your hard drive. It's very addictive, and I got some serious dope grooves going. Beaterator is created and provided by the loveable Rockstar Games of Grand Theft Auto-fame. Also check out the up-coming Bully, not to forget L.A. Noire, which looks absolutely stunning. See the trailer.

In other news, I came across this interview with Norwegian bass-master Ingebrigt Haaker Flaten in the Chicago Reader. I didn't know he'd become a Chicagoan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...