Sunday, September 03, 2006

Robert Zimmerman

Because I'm a grumpy guy, and because Norwegian music journalists can't write to save their lives, I was skeptical to Bob Dylan's new album (reminder to self: do not read Norwegian music reviews). Luckily, It is easy to get past that skepticism when I listen to the album , and I've been taken by the album's shuffling rhythms and Dylan's wit.

"I got troubles so hard, I can't stand the strain / I got troubles so hard, I can't stand the strain / Some young lazy slut has charmed away my brains"

Heh! And I thought it would get easier to ignore young sluts once you got older. Wonder if the slut in question is Scarlett.

Pere Ubu hates women (not really: fiction, remember?) and makes a very good album. Due out September 19.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...