Thursday, July 20, 2006

You bore me to death

This is one shitty list, and it gets a deserved bashing by Woebot. And why, oh why must they feel the need to have Miles Davis' Kind of Blue in every single top-whaterver list they produce? I's mostly the Brits who do this. It's as if they feel the need to atone for something, like "oh, we must recognize Jazz too", and seeing as Miles is (most likely) the best known Jazz artist, they put him in. And because Kind... is his best seller, they choose that one. What an utterly uninspiring choice. It's not even Miles' best album!

If you know me or have read my blog, you'll know that I love Jazz. I'd have plenty of Jazz records in my top-whatever list, and not because I feel guilty or obliged to recognize the genre either. But you wouldn't see Kind... anywhere near the top of that list. It's a nice album. Occasionally beautiful, even. But not that great. Broaden your horizons, please.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...